Developing a Diverse Child and Adolescent Workforce: An Introductory Course (CPD64)
April - July 2013
Tavistock Centre, London
Are you wondering how to develop your potential?
Are you a support worker?
NHS London is offering free places on a 10 week training course for unqualified support staff working with children, young people and their families in the voluntary, NHS, community, education and social care settings.
The aims of this course is to enable support workers to develop their skills in working with children and young people in a multi-cultural context.
The course will empower support workers to develop their skills within their work setting, but may also lead to progression to further funded training opportunities in the field of child and adolescent work.
Applications are particularly encouraged from those without formal education qualifications, and from minority ethnic groups.
This Course includes:
Workshops and Work Discussion Groups:
• Learning about observation
• Direct work with children, young people and families
• Child and adolescent development
• Working in a multi-cultural context
• Develop the theoretical framework needed to explore perspectives for working with individuals, couples, families, work groups and organisations.
This Course is Aimed at:
• Social Care Assistants
• Community Support Workers
• Learning Support Assistants
• Learning Mentors
• Nursery Nurses
• Play Leaders
• Youth Workers
• Family Support Workers
• Foster Carers
Weekly at 3.15 - 6.00pm, on Monday afternoons:
22 and 29 April
13 and 20 May
3, 10, 17, 24 June
1 and 8 July
Manager Training Skills Escalator
Hilary Stonebridge, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist
The course is free to successful applicants, but places are limited.
Criteria for Applying
In order to be eligible to apply for this course, you must meet the following criteria:
• Currently working within a London Borough
• Have no degree level qualifications in any subject area
• Currently working with children
Employer's permission to attend the course is also needed.
All candidates that meet the criteria will be interviewed. Applications from those who do not meet the criteria will not be considered.
4 April 2013 (late applications will be considered)
We reserve the right to close the application intake once
we have received sufficient applications
To request an application form please contact:
0208 938 2651